Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry in the News
Our Executive Director, Eileen, was interviewed by Fox32 News the morning of May 6, 2020. You can view the interview here.
The Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry is a not-for-profit 501(C)(3) organization founded by local churches. Its purpose is to serve the needs of our community. Those who have lost a job, are underemployed, disabled, homeless or just have a need, may come to the pantry for food and household supplies.
CLOTHING: all sizes, all ages, including XXL
MONETARY DONATIONS: Every dollar counts.
When you are in need, please come.
COVID-19 Update for Clients and Volunteers – PLEASE READ!
In an effort to keep our clients, volunteers and staff safe and healthy in the wake of COVID-19, we are instituting the following procedures at the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry and Clothes Closet, effective March 14:
The Food Pantry is OPEN for Monthly Shopping with regular hours (Tuesdays 1:00-3:00pm, Wednesdays 6:30-7:30pm, Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm and Fridays 10am-12:00pm)
Clients can still shop once a month ONLINE or at the PANTRY. The procedures are changed as shown:
- We have created an online order form which can be accessed HERE. PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. This gives us time to schedule pickup and pull the order.
- Fill out the list and submit the form
- A Pantry representative will call or email you and assign a time for pickup
- Pickups will only be during normal shopping hours
- Arrive at your scheduled time and your cart will be ready for you
- Come to the Pantry during normal shopping hours
- Stay in your car and pull up to volunteer in parking lot
- You will be given a paper shopping form to make food selections
- Turn in the form with your Pantry card to the staff member outside and wait in your car
- A volunteer will shop for you and bring your cart outside when finished; they will hold up the number for you to drive up and pick up your groceries
- Volunteers are following strict hygiene protocols with frequent hand washing and disinfecting carts after each shopping
- Please stay in your car while waiting for your order to be filled
The Clothes Closet is open in a limited capacity this month. We are currently allowing up to 3 shoppers at a time, while they are waiting for their food from the Food Pantry, and for a limited time of 15 minutes (if others are waiting to come in). All shoppers must wear masks in the store and use hand sanitizer prior to signing in. Because of these limitations, we ask that shoppers try to only visit the Clothes Closet once during the month, rather than the usual two times. We also ask that just one member of each household enter to shop.
The Clothes Closet is also currently open to donations of summer clothing. Because we have limited volunteer availability at this time, we are trying to spread out the drop off times of these donations. Please select a time from the Sign Up Genius.
CLEARANCE/DAILY BREAD & PRODUCE
At this time, there is still NO Clearance Shopping on Fridays from 1:00 – 2:00PM. If clients need additional bread and produce during the month, they are welcome to come during the last 15 minutes of shopping hours to request extras. They will need to wait outside and volunteers will get items for them.
Following these rules will allow us to stay open until the immediate threat of COVID-19 has passed. When we resume normal operations, we will alert clients via this page, and the Text4Food line. Please continue to check back for updates. This is an ever-evolving situation with new information coming in every day. This is the plan we have in place for now, but we may need to be flexible as we find out more. Please be patient with us during this time; we are dedicated to continuing service and giving our clients choice in what they receive. This is new to all of us and we are doing our best. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
We appreciate all of the love and support that we have received over the past few weeks. We know that many people have extra time and would like to volunteer at the Food Pantry. In an effort to limit exposure to our clients, staff and volunteers themselves, we are currently working with a very small team of volunteers who have regular shifts each week. Once shelter in place restrictions are lifted and we can resume more “normal” operations, we will open the volunteer signup to allow anyone to come in and volunteer. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you (hopefully) soon!
We are grateful to our community for reaching out to us to help at this difficult time. We will strive to keep this page current, so please check back here for any changes or updates to our services.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this trying time,
Executive Director, Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry and Clothes Closet
- Fruit Juice
- Tuna Fish
- Canned Chili
- Pancake Mix
- Plain Pasta
- Macaroni and Cheese
- White Rice
- Condensed Soup (vegetable, chicken noodle)
- Ready to Eat Soups (all types)
- Ramen Noodles
- Ketchup and Mustard
- Salad Dressing (Ranch and Italian)
- Packaged Potatoes (Mashed, Scalloped)
- Bars of Bath Soap
- Kitchen Garbage Bag (13 gallon)
- Ziplock Bags – all sizes
- Paper Napkins
- Aluminum Foil
- Laundry Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Baby Food – all stages
- Baby Formula
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking oil
- Tomato Paste
- Spaghetti Sauce (jar)
- Canned Beans (Garbanzo, Black, Kidney)
- Canned Fruit (all types)
- Peanut Butter
- Strawberry and Grape Jelly
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Chicken
- Disposable Razors
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes (medium)
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Feminine Products (pads/tampons)
Mar 21 – Cancelled – Green Night Out at the Movies. Movie: “Current Revolution”. Doors open 6pm. Movie starts 7pm.
TBD – Postponed – Batavia Park District Easter Egg Hunt and Food Drive. 9am at Rotolo Middle School.
TBD – Food Sharing Days – Jewel-Osco and Berkeley Finer Foods
May 9 – USPS “Stamp Out Hunger” Food Drive
TBD – Food Sharing Days – Trader Joe’s
TBD – Batavia MainStreet Farm to Table Community Dinner fundraiser for BIFPCC.
TBD – Farmers’ Market – booth.
TBD – DuKane ABATE – Toy and Food Drive
TBD – 6:00 – 8:00 pm – Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
TBD – Batavia MainStreet Bat Fest – booth.
Nov 26 – Fox River Trail Runners Fox & Turkey Run. Fundraiser for BIFPCC.
Batavia Park District Celebration of Lights – booth.