The Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry is a not-for-profit 501(C)(3) organization founded by local churches. Its purpose is to serve the needs of our community. Those who have lost a job, are underemployed, disabled, homeless or just have a need, may come to the pantry for food and household supplies.
CLOTHING: all sizes, all ages, including XXL
MONETARY DONATIONS: Every dollar counts.
When you are in need, please come.
COVID-19 Update for Clients and Volunteers – PLEASE READ!
In an effort to keep our clients, volunteers and staff safe and healthy in the wake of COVID-19, we are instituting the following procedures at the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry and Clothes Closet, effective March 14:
The Clothes Closet will be closed until further notice
Clearance and Bread and Produce shopping are canceled until further notice
The Food Pantry will remain open for Monthly Shopping with the changes shown below.
Clients can still shop once a month ONLINE or at the PANTRY. The procedures are changed as shown:
- We have created an online order form which can be accessed HERE. PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. This gives us time to schedule pickup and pull the order.
- Fill out the list and submit the form
- A Pantry representative will call or email you and assign a time for pickup
- Pickups will only be during normal shopping hours
- Arrive at your scheduled time and your cart will be ready for you
- Come to the Pantry during normal shopping hours
- Stay in your car and pull up to volunteer in parking lot
- You will be given a paper shopping form to make food selections
- Turn in the form with your Pantry card to the staff member outside and wait in your car
- A volunteer will shop for you and bring your cart outside when finished; they will hold up the number for you to drive up and pick up your groceries
- Volunteers are following strict hygiene protocols with frequent hand washing and disinfecting carts after each shopping
- Please stay in your car while waiting for your order to be filled
Following these rules will allow us to stay open until the immediate threat of COVID-19 has passed. When we resume normal operations, we will alert clients via this page, and the Text4Food line. Please continue to check back for updates. This is an ever-evolving situation with new information coming in every day. This is the plan we have in place for now, but we may need to be flexible as we find out more. Please be patient with us during this time; we are dedicated to continuing service and giving our clients choice in what they receive. This is new to all of us and we are doing our best. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
We will still need volunteers during shopping hours to shop for clients and bring carts to their cars (see above procedures). If you feel comfortable assisting our clients in this way, please keep your volunteer time slot. Here is how we are mitigating transmission of germs during this time:
- All volunteers must wash hands upon entering and prior to leaving the building
- We have instituted additional disinfecting protocols at the Pantry wiping down every cart before and after use and wiping down all hard surfaces, door handles, switches, etc.
- If you fall in a “high risk” category for COVID-19 (over 60, or otherwise immune compromised), for your safety, please do not come in to volunteer
- Please check the VOLUNTEER page to see where help is needed. We may be adding extra shifts depending on how our new client procedures work
- Drivers will continue going to pick up donations from grocery stores (unless our partner stores tell us otherwise); we still need stocking and donation processing volunteers; please help where you can
We are grateful to our community for reaching out to us to help at this difficult time. We will strive to keep this page current, so please check back here for any changes or updates to our services.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this trying time,
Executive Director, Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry and Clothes Closet
- Fruit Juice
- Tuna Fish
- Canned Chili
- Pancake Mix
- Plain Pasta
- Macaroni and Cheese
- White Rice
- Condensed Soup (vegetable, chicken noodle)
- Ready to Eat Soups (all types)
- Ramen Noodles
- Ketchup and Mustard
- Salad Dressing (Ranch and Italian)
- Packaged Potatoes (Mashed, Scalloped)
- Bars of Bath Soap
- Kitchen Garbage Bag (13 gallon)
- Ziplock Bags – all sizes
- Paper Napkins
- Aluminum Foil
- Laundry Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Baby Food – all stages
- Baby Formula
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking oil
- Tomato Paste
- Spaghetti Sauce (jar)
- Canned Beans (Garbanzo, Black, Kidney)
- Canned Fruit (all types)
- Peanut Butter
- Strawberry and Grape Jelly
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Chicken
- Disposable Razors
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes (medium)
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Feminine Products (pads/tampons)
Mar 21 – Cancelled – Green Night Out at the Movies. Movie: “Current Revolution”. Doors open 6pm. Movie starts 7pm.
TBD – Postponed – Batavia Park District Easter Egg Hunt and Food Drive. 9am at Rotolo Middle School.
TBD – Food Sharing Days – Jewel-Osco and Berkeley Finer Foods
May 9 – USPS “Stamp Out Hunger” Food Drive
TBD – Food Sharing Days – Trader Joe’s
TBD – Batavia MainStreet Farm to Table Community Dinner fundraiser for BIFPCC.
TBD – Farmers’ Market – booth.
TBD – DuKane ABATE – Toy and Food Drive
TBD – 6:00 – 8:00 pm – Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
TBD – Batavia MainStreet Bat Fest – booth.
Nov 26 – Fox River Trail Runners Fox & Turkey Run. Fundraiser for BIFPCC.
Batavia Park District Celebration of Lights – booth.